Town of Limerick
55 Washington Street
Limerick, ME 04048
• A Special Town Meeting will be held on Monday, June 17th at 7:00 PM at the Municipal Building to act on the following articles: The regular monthly meeting will immediately follow.
Article 1. To choose a Moderator to preside at said meeting.
Article 2. To see if the town will vote to raise and appropriate $3,200.00 for the Code Enforcement Officer’s pay for an additional 4 hours per week, 7/1/13 – 12/31/13.
Selectmen and Budget Committee Recommend Yes vote
Article 3. To see if the town will vote to change the Irrevocable Letter of Credit requirement for the snow plow contract from 65% to 40%.
Article 4. To see if the town will vote to discontinue a portion of town road located on Dole’s Ridge Rd, Map 43, Lot 7. All existing utility rights of way shall remain. Copies of map are available at Town Office.
• The Limerick Planning Board will hold their regular monthly meeting on Wednesday, June 19th at 7:00 PM in the Media Room at the Municipal Building.
• Due to not having a quorum at their meeting of May 30th, the New Fire Department Building Committee has re-scheduled a meeting for Thursday, June 13th 6:30PM in Media Room.
• Annual Open House, Saturday, June 8th at the Limerick Transfer Station. This year Leo Maheu, Environmental Educator with Ecomaine will be available to answer questions about the town’s new relationship with Ecomaine. Leo will bring some free recycling bins, flyers, refrigerator magnets and information concerning single-sort recycling. Refreshments will be served.
• On Thursday, June 20th at 7:00PM at the Brick Town Hall, Eleanor Watson, Limerick Historical Society, will share stories about Louise Philpot; from her farm in Limerick to a reception at Buckingham Palace. A fairy tale 16 years in the making & was one of the many memorable occasions in the remarkable life of Margaret Louise Philpot WAC, WWII. Refreshments following.
• Limerick-Newfield Lions on the Lawn, Community Flea Market and Craft Fair. Limerick Municipal Building Lawn, Washington Street (Route 11) Limerick. Saturday, June 29th from 9-2, rain or shine. Space available to rent for $10.00 (you provide your own table). FMI call Tony at 793-4681 or Anne Marie at 793-2717.
• State of Maine Motor Vehicle Department will be at the Municipal Building on Monday, June 17th from 10:30 AM to 1:30PM.
Last Updated June 6, 2013
Notice to Residents:
E-911 requires that house numbers be attached to all residences in a conspicuous place.
Remember this is for your safety.
Per Emergency Management
TOWN OF LIMERICK
Monday, July 15, 2013 7:OO PM
Click HERE for details